Our UK Qualifications

Need some ideas?

Latest articles

As one of the most sophisticated software packages ever created, Autodesk’s 3ds Max offers huge flexibility in terms of creating unique designs and undertaking complex modelling. Because of...

Fun stuff

Despite none of us knowing how to thread a needle or fix a button, to say we are Great British Sewing Bee addicts here on the Hotcourses editorial desk is an understatement. In fact, just assume we...

Frequently asked questions

Do I have to pay for my course?

Not usually. Most full time courses for 16-19 year olds are paid for by the government as long as it is the first time you are studying at further education level. This includes the likes of BTECs, A Levels and NVQs to name a few. Sometimes funding is availiable for equipment and transport, it's worth looking into this. If you are over 19 then you may be required to pay some of the fees for your course and if you're over 24 you will be liable for all of your fees but entitled to a loan towards them.

Should I go for a vocational qualification or academic?

It's really up to you. We can't advise either way as it depends on your circumstances and your plans for the future. An academic qualification is probably your best bet if you're planning on going to uni' at some point, but this isn't always the case. A vocational qualification is definitely a good idea if you're sure of the career path you want to follow and want to get started on it straight away.

Which courses will help me get into uni?

A Levels are the qualifications traditionally preferred by most universities but more and more are accepting alternatives. You will be required to meet a certain number of UCAS points, so it's more about how hard you work and the grades you get than the qualifications or subjects you take.

Is further education harder than GCSEs?

Yes. It's the next level up. But trust us; if you've completed your GCSEs, you're ready for it. These courses are set to challenge you, but they won't be overwhelming.

Will I have to study at a college?

No. While many colleges offer further education courses, lots of sixth forms do too, as well as a number of private training providers. You might also consider an apprenticeship, where you'll only do a small amount of classroom work but mostly be out and about on the job.

Course reviews

Brilliant Course

Frenchay First Aid

Paediatric first aid (combined classroom and e-learning) - classroom component

By Chris - May 2017

This course is a breath of freshair. It was made fun and involved everyone. Ron is a very knowledgeable gentleman and a...

Brilliant intro into the art of throwing!

Freya's Clay Club

Evening Pottery Taster

By Lucy - May 2017

I had a great time at freya's taster throwing session and she was always on hand to help out and mak sure you leave havi...

Really informative first aid.

First Aid Training Bristol

12 Hour Paediatric First Aid Course | Blended

By Catherine - May 2017

Really enjoyed the online course.Thought it was very thorough and well presented with good demonstrations.Found it alot ...

Tell us what you think...

Write a review

Find a job