What does this programme involve?
This is a five week course to introduce the basic concepts of social media marketing. This course can be expanded if needed.
Social media is one of the strongest marketing tools a business has in reaching new customers. However, it can be very hard to understand and plan for, due to its fast-paced nature and ever changing algorithms and features. This can leave many small business owners baffled as to how to harness what they've been told is a huge, untapped audience.
A friendly, knowledgeable guide to social media and how to utilise it in marketing is indispensable for those who want to create a platform for their business.
* What is Social Media? Students will learn about various social media platforms, and the benefits of each one, as well as what demographics use each platform.
* Building Your Platform: We will cover the basics of setting up profiles, creating Facebook Pages and Groups, and the differences between them. Writing good bios, including strategic use of links, pinned posts, and use of cover and profile photos.
* Postmasters: In this session, we will look at what kinds of posts are best for different purposes, how to use hashtags well, and how often to post.
* Engage! Social media is all about building a community. So this session will focus on how to find your audience and appropriately engage with them. We will explore frowned-upon practices, and increase visibility.
* Long-Term Planning: This session will cover various methods for managing an account long term, including scheduling posts, paid promotion, and strategies for reaching the largest audience possible.
A College Certificate will be awarded upon request after successful completion of the course.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
What career opportunities can this lead to?
There are no formal requirements in respect of this course, although students must have reasonable IT skills.
This course has been specifically designed for companies training their employees.
Eastleigh, SO50 5HT
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Part time evening
Qualification awarded by the course provider