PERFORMING AND PRODUCTION ARTS - DIPLOMA L2 FT (BANNER)): This course will introduce you to a range of theatre acting, dance and performance, and will
provide opportunities for you to study at a higher level. You should have an active interest in the performing arts and be willing to work creatively as a member of a team. The programme draws together acting, dance and vocal skills through theatre-based projects and performances. You will be required to audition for this course.
You are required to prepare and rehearse two monologues for your audition (one classical, one modern/contemporary) these must not exceed 3 minutes each and must be contrasting in both style and content. Additionally, you can also prepare and rehearse a vocal audition (of your choice) consisting of a verse and chorus.
Backing tracks for vocal auditions must be provided via USB, CD, or be readily available on a mobile device. The course is suitable for school leavers and adults who would like a career in the performance, entertainment, music and dance industries or who are progressing from a relevant level 1 course. You will study the following:
• Unit 1 – introduction to performance (a range of performance techniques in acting, dance and voice)
• Unit 2 – introduction to production (roles and responsibilities in a production)
• Unit 3 – communicating with an audience (a range of communication methods for performance)
• Unit 4 – staging a performance (demonstration of staging skills)
• Unit 5 – contextual research for performance and production (contextual knowledge to develop ideas for a performance)
• Unit 6 – performance skills and practice (using techniques and skills in performance)
• Unit 7 – production skills and practice (using techniques and skills in a production)
• Unit 8 – personal project and presentation (research & demonstrate progression routes in performing arts)
• Unit 9/10 – producing and performing to an audience (Final Major Project)
All students aged 16 -19 are required to study Functional Skills English
Additional entry requirements
4 GCSEs at grade D/3 or higher including maths or English OR a Level 1 related qualification PLUS grade D/3 or higher in maths or English. You will also be required to audition for this programme.
University of the Arts London