What does this programme involve?
Learners will learn the following:
- How to recognise variations in the way deaf people communicate.
- How to sign at a basic level
- Finger spelling, names and places.
- Responding to simple signed questions.
- Understand receptive skills when signing.
- Demonstrate signing skills.
You will be able to gain a better understanding of the deaf culture and community.
A college certificate will be awarded on request.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
You will be taught by various methods including:
- Receptive from tutor
- Practical demonstration
- Group and pair work
- Role mode and role play
What career opportunities can this lead to?
There are no formal entry requirements necessary for this course; this course is suitable for anybody who is interested in British Sign Language.
This course has been specifically designed for companies training their employees.
Eastleigh, SO50 5HT
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Part time evening
Qualification awarded by the course provider
South Thames College(London – SW18 2PP)
Oplex Careers(UNITED KINGDOM)
Richmond and Hillcroft Adult and Community College(RICHMOND – TW9 2RE)