The Early Years Foundation Stage / Ofsted Syllabus Paediatric First Aid course is a 12-hour course which covers the Early Years Foundation Stage criteria for childminders. This course gives candidates the knowledge and ability to deal with emergency first aid situations particularly whilst dealing with children.
• Assessment of the scene
• Prioritisation of casualties
• Assessment of casualties
• Recovery position
• Causes and treatment of unconsciousness
• Bleeding and wounds
• Typical childhood illnesses
• Bleeds and burns
• Planning for first aid emergencies.
• Dealing with emergencies.
• Resuscitation procedures appropriate to the age of children being cared for.
• Recognising and dealing with shock.
• Recognising and responding appropriately to anaphylactic shock.
• Recognising and responding appropriately to electric shock.
• Recognising and responding appropriately to bleeding.
• Responding appropriately to burns and scalds.
• Responding appropriately to choking.
• Responding appropriately to suspected fractures.
• Responding appropriately to head, neck and back injuries.
• Recognising and responding appropriately to cases of poisoning.
• Responding appropriately to foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses.
• Responding appropriately to eye injuries.
• Responding appropriately to bites and stings.
• Responding appropriately to the effects of extreme heat and cold.
• Responding appropriately to febrile convulsions.
• Recognising and responding appropriately to the emergency needs of children with chronic medical conditions, including epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell anaemia, diabetes.
• Recognising and responding appropriately to meningitis and other serious sudden illnesses.
At the end of the course, each candidate will receive a certificate of satisfactory completion.
Training Course Information
Course Duration: 12 hour programme (2 days)
Assessment: Ongoing assessment is carried out by the trainer throughout the course.
Maximum Delegates: 16
This course has been specifically designed for companies training their employees.
Where do you want to study this course?
Can be taught anywhere in Abbey Wood, Abbots Langley, Abingdon, Accrington, Acton + 678 more
Customised to suit your needs
Qualification awarded by the course provider
Know How Training
Course Provider Diploma/Certificate/Award
This course currently has no reviews.Write a review
Ask a question