ENTRY TO UNIFORMED SERVICES - LEVEL 3: This course will prepare students for a variety of uniformed services by developing personal skills and qualities needed for a career in the sector, including leadership skills, self-defence techniques, drill movements and duties procedures and acceptable behaviour for the uniformed services.
Students will be involved in physical fitness classes in which they will assess and develop personal fitness linked to the physical entry tests for the different uniformed services. Planning and leading adventurous activities and map reading skills will also be an important part of the course, as well as an understanding of planning for emergency situations and the need for disciplines whilst in the services. The course is suitable for school leavers who would like a career in the Uniformed Services, such as the Army, Army Reserves, RAF, Navy, Police or Fire Service or who are progressing from Level 2 Entry to the Uniformed Services
This course will suit active students who want to develop their education further prior to entering the uniformed services or continue their studies to a higher level by exploring the needs of the uniformed services and furthering their knowledge and understanding of the different employment opportunities available. You will study the following 9 unites:
• Unit 01: Prepare for employment to a chosen uniformed service.
• Unit 02: Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the uniformed services.
• Unit 03: Develop leadership skills.
• Unit 04: Understand conflict management and personal protection.
• Unit 05: Participate in uniformed service routine.
• Unit 08: Carry out map reading and navigation across open country
• Unit 13: Emergency Planning and response in the uniformed services
• Unit 16: Skills for land-based outdoor adventurous activities
• Unit 19: Understanding the discipline in the uniformed services
All LMC students will receive tutorial support.
Additional entry requirements
5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher including Maths and English OR a Level 2 related qualification PLUS grade C/4 or higher in BOTH Maths and English.
You will also need enthusiasm for the subject/area, evidence of good skills in practical subjects, enjoying working with people, commitment to study, a proven interest in Public Services and good interpersonal skills
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course manager.