What does this programme involve?
This is a 'hands on' practical course, with some theory/hand-outs included.
You will learn how to use some of the different camera settings by practicing with your camera under the guidance of the tutor. Areas covered will include:
- gaining a better understanding of your camera, removable memory, lens and zoom, file formats and menu structure.
- gaining an ability to use the digital camera's scene modes
- gaining an ability to compose a photo
- changing camera resolution and compression settings
- how to use focus points and metering
- obtaining a knowledge of shutter speed, aperture, depth of field and ISO
- achieving a knowledge of the histogram, exposure compensation and white balance
A College Certificate will be awarded on request.
How is the programme taught and assessed?
You will learn by practising with your camera under the guidance of the tutor.
What career opportunities can this lead to?
You can progress to other photography courses such as the more comprehensive Digital Photography or Introduction to Adobe Photoshop.
This course is aimed at beginners who want to explore some of the basic settings on their cameras, so there are no formal entry requirements. This course is suitable for anyone who would like greater understanding of their digital camera.
This course has been specifically designed for companies training their employees.
Where do you want to study this course?
Eastleigh, SO50 5HT, Eastleigh, SO53 2DW, Southampton, SO30 4EJ
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Part time evening
Qualification awarded by the course provider
Truro and Penwith College(TRURO – TR1 3XX)
University Centre Myerscough(Preston – PR3 0RY)
MANCHESTER COLLEGE (THE)(MANCHESTER – M23 0DD)