Computing - Web Design - Using HTML - An Introduction [HDF6578G]: Overview
This course is a fascinating insight into the world of website design. We will help you understand HTML, introduce you to the basics of good website design.
What will we cover?
By the end of the course you will:-
• Understand the basics of good web design, including Web Standards, accessibility and usability
• Understand the basics of web design languages HTML and CSS
• Know how to style your website using colour, fonts and design elements
• Know how to optimise and upload photos to a site
• Learn about hosting, registering a name and launching a site.
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
This course is aimed at people with some prior knowledge of computers and the Internet and who would like to learn about creating a Website.
You should have basic mouse and keyboard skills
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
A Pen/Pencil and notepad will be required to take notes during the course.
Handouts will also be provided.
You must have an email address as this will be required during the registration process for the website.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Web Design Using HTML & CSS – Stage 1
• Web Design – Search Engine Optimisation
• Web Design – Using WordPress – An Introduction
• Social Media – An Introduction
• Social Media – Creating a Blog
• Social Media – Creating Digital Content
• Social Media – Podcasting
• Social Media – For Business – Stage 1
• Social Media – Facebook
• Social Media – Instagram
• Social Media – LinkedIn
• Social Media – Channels & Safety
There are no additional charges.
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: HDF6578G (use this when contacting provider)