Computing - Microsoft - Word - Next Steps [SFY] [LDF142NZ]: Overview
A further introduction to Wordprocessing for use at home and work using Microsoft Office Word package.
What will we cover?
• Creating, editing, saving & printing documents
• Formatting images and shapes
• Using built in templates
• Advanced paragraph formatting – Indents, Lists and Borders
• Advanced page layout – Headers, Footers and Page numbering
• Using tables
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
This course is suitable for anyone with basic wordprocessing and computer skills, i.e. formatting text, using a keyboard, mouse or laptop touch pad, and would like to learn more about Microsoft Office Word. If you are completely new to wordprocessing, please look at our “Wordprocessing – An Intro” course first.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Please bring a pen and notebook. Handouts and exercises will be provided.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing - Word – Stage 2 or 3
• Microsoft – Spreadsheets - Excel – Stage 1, 2, 3 or 4
• Microsoft – Spreadsheets - Excel – Introduction, Next Steps or Further Steps
• Microsoft – Presentations - PowerPoint – Intro
• Microsoft – Word, Excel & PowerPoint – Stage 1 and 2
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: LDF142NZ (use this when contacting provider)