Computing - Microsoft - Spreadsheets - Excel - Stage 4 [ADF5668G]: Overview
This course gives you a further insight into the world of spreadsheets. You will be using the popular Excel software, part of the Microsoft Office suite. Excel is a powerful spreadsheet tool which can help you produce personal budgets, record work expenses, present data with colourful charts and graphs and much more.
If you use/have used a different spreadsheet programme, the skills learned here are easily transferrable.
What will we cover?
• Create pivot tables and charts to summarise data
• Use validation to reduce data entry errors
• Advanced Conditional Formatting – using ‘If Formula Is’ to format cells other than the one that contains the value you are testing
• Creating calculations based on single or multiple conditions. For example, calculating a discount for those over a specific age or ordering a high volume (IF with AND and OR)
• Cross referencing data using an Hlookup or Vlookup function. For example, look up a National Insurance Number to find other personal details from another sheet or book
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
• Confident users of Excel who wish to learn how to use complex and advanced features by automating their spreadsheets to have maximum impact. or
• Have completed our Excel Further Steps course or our Stage 3 course. or
• Anyone with good knowledge of the 2013 or 2016 Excel software or those who have been using older software versions and want to update to the current version.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Please bring a notebook and pen. Handouts and exercises will be provided.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing - Word – Stage 2 or 3
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing – MailMerge
• Accounting & Finance – Manual Bookkeeping – Stage 1 or 2
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: ADF5668G (use this when contacting provider)