Computing - Microsoft - Spreadsheets - Excel - Stage 3 [HDF2553G]: Overview
This course gives you a further insight into the world of spreadsheets. You will be using the popular Excel software, part of the Microsoft Office suite. Excel is a powerful spreadsheet tool which can help you produce personal budgets, record work expenses, present data with colourful charts and graphs and much more.
If you use/have used a different spreadsheet programme, the skills learned here are easily transferrable.
What will we cover?
• Working with multiple workbooks
• Using templates and different file formats
• Advanced formatting and page layout
• Advanced functions and addressing such as the IF function
• Advanced chart and graph formatting
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
• People who know how to navigate a spreadsheet, input formulas and functions, create basic graphs and charts, save and retrieve files from a computer or
• Have completed the Excel Next Steps course or the Stage 2 course. or
• Anyone with basic knowledge of the 2013 or 2016 Excel software or those who have been using older software versions and want to update to the current version.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Please bring a notebook and pen. Handouts and exercises will be provided.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Microsoft – Spreadsheets - Excel – Stage 4 (Please read the course description)
• Microsoft – Spreadsheets - Excel – Further Steps (will include some repetition)
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing - Word – Stage 1, 2 and 3
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing - Word – An Intro or Next steps
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing – MailMerge
• Manual Bookkeeping – Stage 1 and 2
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: HDF2553G (use this when contacting provider)