Computing - Microsoft - Excel - Next Steps [SFY] [ADF299NZ]: Overview
This course is a follow-on from the introduction to spreadsheets course. You will be using the popular Excel software, part of the Microsoft Office suite. Excel is a powerful spreadsheet tool which can help you produce personal budgets, record work expenses, present data with colourful charts and graphs and much more.
If you use/have used a different spreadsheet programme, the skills learned here are easily transferrable.
What will we cover?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Create a spreadsheet
• Input and format both text and numbers on a worksheet
• Use mathematical operators (+ / * -) to perform calculations
• Use basic formula and functions to analyse data
• Create simple charts from worksheet data
• Save and print a worksheet template for future use
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
If you have good computer, mouse and keyboard skills and have completed our Excel – Introduction or Stage 1 courses, or would like to improve your current spreadsheet skills by using the spreadsheet package, Microsoft Office Excel.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Please bring a pen and notebook. Handouts and exercises will be provided.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Microsoft – Spreadsheets - Excel – Further Steps
• Microsoft – Spreadsheets - Excel – Stage 3 or 4 (Please read the course description)
• Microsoft – Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Stage 1 and 2
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing - Word – Stage 1, 2 or 3
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing - Word – An Intro or Next Steps
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing – MailMerge
• Microsoft – Presentations - PowerPoint – Intro
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: ADF299NZ (use this when contacting provider)