Computing - Microsoft - Database - Access - Stage 1 [HDG2772G]: Overview
This course gives you a basic grounding into the world of databases. You will learn how a database is used, understand the difference between data management in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel, understand the structure of a database and learn how to navigate its windows and objects.
If you use/have used a different database programme, the skills learned here are easily transferrable.
What will we cover?
• Learn about Access databases and how they work
• Open and close a database
• Open, close and save objects
• Work with Tables and forms
• Create a query
• Sort and filter records
• Enter, Store, analyse and compile data, using tables, queries, forms and reports
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
This is a gentle introductory course for people new to databases but not new to computers. You must be able to use a computer to save and find files and already possess mouse and keyboard skills. If you are completely new to computers, you should look at our “Build Your Skills & Confidence (HPT)” courses first.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Please bring a pen and notebook. Handouts and exercises will be provided.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Microsoft – Database - Access – Stage 2
• Microsoft – Spreadsheets - Excel – Stage 2, 3 and 4
• Microsoft – Spreadsheets - Excel – An Intro or Next Steps
• Microsoft – Word, Excel, PowerPoint – Stage 1 and 2
• Microsoft – Word-processing - Word – An Intro or Next Steps
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: HDG2772G (use this when contacting provider)