Computing - Build Your Skills & Confidence (HPT) - Stage 2 [RDF3442G]: This course is primarily funded by the Henrietta Parker Trust and as such learners will only need to pay £10.00. For more information on the Trust, please see the dedicated page on our website.
This course is for beginners and improvers who want to increase their confidence and independence around computers, the internet, email and the Windows 10 Operating System.
What will we cover?
By the end of the course you will have covered most of the following: -
• Review how to keep yourself and your data safe when using the internet
• Practise using Desktop Icons and the Windows 10 operating system to navigate a computer
• Personalise your Windows 10 desktop and start menu
• Look at and know where to find computer settings
• Practise creating and renaming folders, saving and retrieving files
• Use the internet to search and browse for information and analyse search results
• Set up and use an internet email account to send and receive messages
• Use the Cloud to store and retrieve files
• Practise simple wordprocessing skills with Microsoft Office Word, Office Live or the free word-processing tool, WordPad
• Feel more confident using a computer, keyboard, mouse, Internet and email
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
This course is for anyone who:
• Has a new laptop or computer and needs help to use it
• Wants to increase their computer knowledge and confidence.
• Use a computer and the internet safely
• Use email safely
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Please bring with you the following items:
• Pen and paper for making notes, although handouts will be provided
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completing the course, you will have the opportunity of progressing on to other courses:
• Build Your Computer Confidence (HPT) – Stage 3
• Microsoft – Wordprocessing – Word – Stage 1
• Microsoft – Spreadsheets – Excel – Stage 1
• Microsoft – Word, Excel & PowerPoint – Stage 1
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: RDF3442G (use this when contacting provider)