Computing - Adobe Photoshop Elements - Stage 1 [ADF5785G]: Overview
This course uses software designed for those with an interest in digital photography and photo manipulation.
What will we cover?
• Identify different areas of the Photoshop Elements workspace
• Manipulate images using a variety of features, functions and tools
• Understand layers
• Identify different image types
• Save your work in a variety of image file formats
• Improve the general appearance of images
• Create composites from a selection of different images
• Understand image resizing and resolution
• Add and format text
• Know how to use the Photoshop Elements Help facility
• Use a variety of keyboard shortcuts
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
Ideal course if you are a beginner with a little or no experience of using Adobe Photoshop Elements. However, you must be confident using a computer, mouse and keyboard, and understand Microsoft Windows.
It is essential that learners have a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements on their home computer (a recent version is preferable) in order to develop their skills further outside the classroom.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Please bring a pen and notebook. Handouts and exercises will be provided.
All images used on the course will be available to download.
A USB Memory stick will be useful to save completed work.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Adobe Photoshop – For Digital Design
• Adobe Photoshop – For Photography
• Adobe Photoshop – Intro
• Web Design – Using HTML – An introduction
• Web Design – Using WordPress – An Introduction
• Social Media – Creating Digital Content
• Social Media – An Introduction
• Social Media – Creating a Blog
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: ADF5785G (use this when contacting provider)