CREATIVE DIGITAL MEDIA - LEVEL 3 EXT DIP: This course is designed for anyone wanting to work in the creative media industries. You might want to be a computer games designer, a film maker, an animator or an interactive web designer. The course is suitable for school leavers and adults who would like a career in the creative digital media industry or those who are progressing from a related Level 2 course. You will study the following 8 mandatory units during year 1:
• Introduction to media processes and technical skills
• Introduction to design and research skills in creative media production
• Introduction to professional practice in creative media production
• Critical and contextual awareness in creative media production
• Investigating audio production and technology
• Investigating visual production and technology
• Investigating interactive production and technology
• Developing a creative media production project
Each unit is delivered in a way that is interesting and unique with you working towards your own personal project.
Each topic is intended to develop existing and to building new skills working towards a design portfolio.
The year culminates in a final major project entirely of your own conceptualisation and management.
Progression on to year two programme is dependent upon successful completion of year one.
You will study a further 5 units during year 2:
• Characteristics and contexts in creative media production
• Engaging with an audience in creative media production
• Preparing for progression in creative media production
• Specialist study in creative media production
• Extended project in creative media production
Year 2 continues on from year 1 fundamentals and allows you to further develop your skills and design portfolio.
The course is delivered through a series of assignments that are supported by theory and practical sessions. The course is approximately 70% practical and 30% theory (the majority of this forms background research, evaluation
Additional entry requirements
5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher including Maths and English OR a Level 2 related qualification PLUS grade C/4 or higher in BOTH Maths and English.
Entry criteria will be applied at the discretion of the course manager.