Business Management - Run Your Own Business - Stage 2 [REF1922G]: Overview
This course is aimed at learners who already have their business idea and are now looking to gain greater insight, understanding and knowledge of market research, attracting and growing your customer base and measuring customer satisfaction, the business planning process and business contracts and negotiation.
What will we cover?
This course will cover the following topics –
Understanding How to Market Your Business - which will cover
• Understanding the need to research the market for a business
• Understanding how a business can reach the customers
• Understanding how to assess customer satisfaction
Understanding How to Make Successful Deals in Business - which will cover the following topics –
• Understanding business contracts
• Understanding the negotiation process, and why negotiation is important for a business
Understanding the Importance of Business Planning - which will cover
• Understanding the important of business planning
• Understanding the components of a business plan
• Understanding the legislation that can affect the development of plans for a business.
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
This course is suitable for people already running their own business, or those who have attended Run Your Own Business – Stage 1 and wish to develop their skills and knowledge further.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
You should bring pen, paper and any other useful stationery as they will be required to maintain a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate that you understand and can use the tools learnt on the course.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Social Media – For Business – Stage 1
• Social Media – Creating a Blog
• Social Media – Creating Digital Content
• Social Media – Podcasting
• Social Media – Facebook
• Social Media – Instagram
• Social Media – LinkedIn
• Manual Bookkeeping – Stage 1 and 2
• Web Design – Using HTML – An Introduction
• Web Design – Using WordPress – An Introduction
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: REF1922G (use this when contacting provider)