Business Management - Run Your Own Business - Stage 1 [REF1921G]: Overview
This course is ideal if you wish to set up on your own or improve your existing business.
The course will cover business planning, will take the mystery out of selling and will help you to develop your customer strategy.
What will we cover?
By the end of the course Learners will have been introduced to:
• Key factors to consider when starting a business
• The importance of and how to develop a Business Plan
• The essentials of your Sales and Marketing strategies
• Effective communication and customer service.
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
The course is aimed at people who have a business idea that they want to develop further, people who are in business and want to review the basics, and people who have skills that they would like to use to set up their own business. Learners should have basic computer skills and access to a computer outside the classroom.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Learners are asked to bring a pen, pencil, ruler, rubber, A4 Notepad and calculator. Handouts and resources will be provided during the course.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Business Management – Run Your Own Business – Stage 2
• Social Media – For Business – Stage 1
• Social Media – Creating a Blog
• Social Media – Creating Digital Content
• Social Media – Podcasting
• Social Media – Facebook
• Social Media – Instagram
• Social Media – LinkedIn
• Manual Bookkeeping – Stage 1 and 2
• Web Design – Using HTML – An Introduction
• Web Design – Using WordPress – An Introduction
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: REF1921G (use this when contacting provider)