Business Management - Run Your Own Business - Next Steps [HDF6995G]: Overview
The course is designed to provide you with the further basic knowledge needed to run your business and to ensure you don’t experience the typical pitfalls that Start-ups experience. You will gain essential knowledge in business structures, marketing, finance, planning and learn to consider the every-day nuances that will help your business thrive. This course is a follow on of “Business Management – Run Your Own Business – Introduction”
What will we cover?
• Introduction to basic principles of marketing and social media
• Operations and Supply Chain Management
• Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
• Introduction to Business Law and Corporate Governance
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
This course is suitable for anyone who is thinking about setting up a small new business, has set up a business recently or someone who is considering becoming self-employed. No prior knowledge is required. However, Students are encouraged to participate in the introduction course first.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English. Learners should have basic computer skills and access to a computer outside the classroom.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Learners are asked to bring a pen, pencil, ruler, rubber, A4 Notepad and calculator. Handouts and resources will be provided during the course.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Social Media – Creating a Blog and Creating Digital Content
• Social Media – Creating Digital Content
• Social Media – Podcasting, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
• Manual Bookkeeping – Stage 1 and 2
• Web Design – Using HTML – An Introduction
• Web Design – Using WordPress – An Introduction
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: HDF6995G (use this when contacting provider)