Accounting & Finance - Manual Bookkeeping - Stage 1 [FEG2611G]: Overview
This course is an introduction to basic book keeping using manual rather than computerised methods.
What will we cover?
This course will cover the following topics:
• Understanding the various documents used in bookkeeping e.g. invoices, statements.
• Calculation of trade and cash discounts
• Recording and checking invoices and transferring to the daybooks and ledgers.
• Recording payments and receipts into a Cashbook and the double entry system
• Recording petty cash payments and the imprest system.
• Bank Reconciliation statements.
• Balancing accounts and producing a Trial Balance.
• Introduction to VAT
Who is this course for? Is there anything I need to know before joining?
The course is suitable for beginners. You must have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
As our courses are taught in English, please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of English.
What do I need to bring to the first class? Will there be any extra costs?
Please bring pens, pencils, eraser, ruler notepad/paper and calculator (basic).
Textbook – to be advised if required.
What can I do when I finish the course?
On completion of this course, you can progress on to any of the following:
• Manual Bookkeeping – Stage 2
• Business Management – Run Your Own Business – Stage 1 and 2
• Social Media – For Business – Stage 1
• Database - Access - Stage 1-2
• Spreadsheets - Excel – Introduction or Next Steps
• Spreadsheets - Excel - Stage 1-6
We welcome learners with additional needs and disabilities. When you enrol please let us know if you would like to discuss your extra support needs with a member of the Supported Learning Team who will then contact you as soon as possible. If you are enrolling within 10 days of the course start date, we may not be able to contact you before your first class. Surrey Adult Learning values and supports equality and diversity by promoting fairness and respect at all times.
Additional entry requirements
Course reference: FEG2611G (use this when contacting provider)