is the Adult Education division of Peter Symonds College
We offer a diverse selection of courses to suit all levels of learners, from introductory courses right through to Foundation Degrees, providing the student with clear progression routes within their chosen subject area.
In March 2008 the College was graded "outstanding" by Ofsted. At the end of the visit the inspectors commented that they had never participated in an inspection with such outstanding findings.
Below are just a few of the reasons why you should study with us:
- Exceptional Support: Students on courses of more than 10 weeks in duration will complete an initial literacy and numeracy assessment on enrolment. We take great care to offer and provide support to the student to ensure that they have every opportunity to successfully achieve their chosen qualification. We have a dedicated Study Support department who will provide the support required in order to meet your needs. The Student Support Manager and the tutors are also available to provide you with additional help, guidance and advice.
- Counting in Ones: We are committed to helping each individual student achieve their goals. We are here to acknowledge you aspirations, assist you in your application and celebrate your achievements. We will provide constructive feedback, be available for discussions on your assignments and your progress and identify areas for improvements.
- Excellent Facilities: Considerable investment has been made in the facilities at AHED. We have classrooms equipped to the standard one would expect from a higher education establishment. We can also offer parking facilities, on a first come first served basis and have our very own coffee shop, open from 9am to 14:30pm Monday to Friday, providing you with a selection of beverages and highly sort after cake. The coffee shop is also open in the evenings and some Saturdays.
- Experienced and Committed Staff: AHED staff are all well qualified and many of them continue to be practitioners in their own field of expertise. This means that their skills and experience remain current and that they can supplement their teaching with real life examples. Some staff are also engaged in research within their field of professional practice.
- A Commitment to Student Progression: The curriculum at AHED has been developed to enable students to progress from introductory courses to Foundation Degrees and beyond. The staff aim to equip all students with the skills and knowledge to enable them to progress to the next level of qualification. We also have progression agreements for some Foundation Degrees with our local universities, which guarantee your application will be given careful consideration and in most cases that you will receive an interview.
- Student Support and Advice: We have a dedicated team to offer Information, Advice and Guidance to all students on a range of topics for example we are able to assist students in identifying the best way of funding their course.