The foundations of health and safety are built on rules and regulations and as such things need to be clear. Any confusion could result in danger to those involved. Serious stuff hey? Yes, it is, but it's also hilarious when signs, designed to protect our health and safety, get it a bit wrong...
1. Because you still have to pay fines when you're dead...
2. We see this one a lot and are told it means no access…but you'd be forgiven for thinking high fives aren't allowed in this area if you ask us.
3. We're not saying anything.
4. Because there's nothing more dangerous than men working. Women are fine. But men…
5. Good job this sign is here because it's everyone's worst nightmare getting drunk and kissing a fish.
6. We all get slippery when wet, even pedestrians
7.We appreciate this vandalism for its play on words.
8. Great attention paid to all audiences on this one.
9. The diagram on this sign probably needs a bit more detail.
There's nothing 'lol' about drowning… If you think you could improve some of these confused signs, get yourself on a health and safety course.
Jade will talk your ear off about rowing if you let her. She studied an MA and NCTJ diploma in Journalism at Brunel but her course-taking didn't stop there, having tried a number of different subjects since working here, even magic. Whether you're an expert who wants to share their knowledge, a student who's had a great experience or you just want to say hi, she'd love you to get in touch through our social media pages.